The Audio Technica PRO 24 camcorder microphone is a lightweight, compact stereo condenser ideal for digital recording with high-fidelity stereo sound on small cameras like the Kodak Z18. Equipped with an accessory shoe and permanently attached coiled cable, the microphone provides the impact and realism of a live sound field. The microphone is designed for either battery operation or battery-free operation when used with camcorders that provide plug-in power at the mic input. Like all Audio-Technica mics, the PRO 24-CM is rugged; it’s built to endure the rigors of field production.
PRO 24-CM Features
- Stereo microphone designed to attach to a camcorder
- For camcorders with an accessory shoe and stereo microphone input
- Lightweight, portable design with rugged all-metal construction
- Battery-free operation when used with recording devices that provide plug-in power at the mic input
- On/off switch for convenient operation
- Includes camera-mount, windscreen, battery and protective pouch
- Permanently attached 6-12-inch coiled cable with right-angle molded 3.5 mm stereo mini plug at output end
Amazon Price: $70.36
The Audio Technica AT 2022 stereo microphone (at the right) offers battery operation, switchable to a low frequency roll-off that minimizes pickup of unwanted low-frequency noise, and two swiveling capsules (capable of recording various angles from 90-120 degrees).
It is already being touted for its ability to perform in a wide array of environments common to both studio and field work.
Amazon Price: $249.00
The Audio Technica AT 8022’s innovative capsule configuration produces accurate stereosound in a smaller housing. Its compact, lightweight design is perfect for video camera-mount use as well as for stereo field recording, interviews and home recording.
Ideal for use with handheld digital recording devices, it operates on battery or phantom power for use with pro or consumer equipment. It also features switchable low-frequency roll-off for use in windy or exceptionally loud conditions.
Includes two cables: one balanced (two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output); one unbalanced (3.5 mm TRS at output) RoH
Amazon Price: $359