How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1
Structuring your information product/special interest video business into income streams will lead to the most success. Now we’re going to turn to the good stuff…money and profits! But how much can you really make?
One thing you need to know at the beginning, this IS NOT a get rich quick scheme. Can you make a lot of money selling special interest videos? Yes. Do people?
Unequivocally, yes! But there is more to successfully selling your titles than just the work and time involved in producing them. Let me show you a few scenarios to get you excited about all the possibilities when you have a good selling DVD.
Scenario 1: “Low Price, High Volume” Model
You have one title you are selling for $20 each and your sales are averaging 2 DVDs per day. Keep that up and your monthly gross income would be $1,200. Over the course of a year, you would make $14,400 and over five year’s a total of $72,000.
(Keep in mind these are gross figures; merchant account fees, duplicating and packaging costs cut deeper into this model, not to mention time costs if you do your own shipping. Of course, if you sell digitally, you do not have the fulfillment and handling costs but you will have web hosting costs.)
If you bring 5,000 or more people who are very interested in the topic and your DVD to your website each month, it isn’t unrealistic to expect 50 of them to buy your DVD.
That’s only 1% of the total. That list size seems to be the set point many internet marketers use. But if you have a strong, targeted following, you can make money with a smaller list than that. We do it all the time. It is a matter of targeting your offer to a specific interest.
This is the “low price, high volume” model. Your goal is to attract many customers who will buy at a low price.
Selling at this price point has its pros and cons. Many of your customers can afford this price and it increases the chances of selling to them. However the down side is that you have to attract and sell to many more people to make it really profitable for you. Chances are you’ll spend a lot more time and resources getting those higher numbers to your site.
For videos at this price point, I recommend producing more than one title on the topic. That way, if your customers like one, they will likely buy more titles from you. We call that your “back-end.” Imagine selling 8-9 DVDs per day…that’s an income of over $60,000 in a year!
However…when selling “Special Interest” or niche titles, the prices are usually higher – often much higher. More about that next week.
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013