How Do You Increase Traffic To Your Site? Make Sure You Are Doing This
Social media has proven critical to increasing web traffic but it’s not as simple as just setting up a profile or page on Facebook. One of the key things you can do for your website is to focus on increasing engagement in your social media activity. It not only increases your popularity within the social media site, it helps get you more traffic TO your site.
Remember that isn’t just about being loudest or most communicative. It’s about posting at the right time and place for you to stand out and be relevant. With all of the sites, get familiar with their analytical tools and you will see what your audience responds to and when your posts get the best exposure. When that happens, your posts are more likely to be seen more widely.
Besides keeping your posts short, visual, relevant, and motivating, here are more ways you can increase your engagement:
- Post at the right time of day. Studies have shown that more people are active on Facebook during the weekdays and that posting between 11am-4pm EST is the most effective. However, you also need to check your Facebook page insights (and the other sites analytical tools) regularly to see when your audience prefers posts, it may be different than that.
- Ask a question. Posts that ask for opinions typically get more likes and comments. People like to share their thoughts and opinions.
- Use images. Don’t just make posts that are purely words. Relevant photos, videos, and other graphics have been shown to increase engagement. Keep in mind that followers tend to become less engaged if you post multiple photos in a row, so choose wisely, and give them time to enjoy each unique post.
- Make a call to action. Encourage people to comment and share, “like” and “retweet”.
- Hold a contest. When doing contests, make sure you are following the site’s guidelines.
- Pay attention to hashtags and trends. You may find hashtags annoying but they are very useful in grouping together tweets and posts on the same topic. When you are on your Twitter homepage, at the lower left hand corner of the page, you will see a small list of terms marked with a “#” and labeled “Trending Now.” When you see any that pertain to your business, include them in a Tweet or post with a link back to your website. You can also do a search on your keywords to see if they are set up as hashtags and how much activity that particular hashtag gets. Facebook now also uses the #hashtag convention and will be rolling out searches based on keywords.
- Comment often. Use these sites to TALK to people, not just get the word out about your business! When someone shares an article pertinent to your industry, thank him or her and share the link on your own page. Chances are they will return the favor.
Through all your traffic generating social media efforts, be sure to message and post respectfully, authentically and generously. It is also important to consistently and regularly post. You don’t have to spend all day doing so either. With the analytical tools at your disposal, you can plan your social media activities in advance.
What other ways do you use to increase your engagement? Please share by commenting below.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015