Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First?
We get asked a lot about what type of microphone someone new to video should get. I love it when someone asks because it tells me they get it that their on-camera mic won’t help their videos sound and look professional. That’s why I always recommend that you use an external microphone and there are different types that will work in different situations but you may not have the budget to get all of them.
While I was at the NAB Show, I posed this question to Chris Lyons, a rep at the Shure booth.
Watch this short video to see what he recommends you start out with and why and how you can use this mic for different shooting situations.
(If you can’t view this video on this page, you can watch it here on YouTube.)
Other Recommended Posts to Read:
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013