Hoodman: View Your LCD Screen in Broad Daylight With This Device
Having an LCD screen on your camera is great…except when it’s really bright and sunny outside. A few years ago, Kim and I came across the Hoodman booth at a video conference and picked up their hood product on the spot. It worked really well for us. That first model was soft sided and since then (the hood was relatively new with the introduction of the flip out screen), they have improved and expanded their product line. They now specialize in hoods, sun-screens and protective covers for a variety of devices with displays, ranging from digital camera LCD’s, notebook screens, monitors, and professional video equipment.
Their hoods are simple, inexpensive devices that attach to the camera or monitor and provide a shaded “viewing tunnel” to the LCD, much like the use of dark cloth placed over the head to keep the light out of the viewing area to see the picture more clearly in the early days of photography.
I always stop by their booth when I’m at NAB to see what’s new. This year I shot this short video to show you why I like this product so much and what new device they have that will solve a big problem for me.
(If you can’t view this video on this page, you can watch it here on YouTube.)
So if viewing your LCD screen in sunlight is a problem for you, then you need to check out the various Hoodman Hoods available. They are a great product!
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013