Images From Videos: High-Resolution Video is Changing Photography
High-resolution video is changing photography. With the ability to now do 4K capture in the camera, you can essentially shoot video and just do a freeze frame of the moment you want from the footage rather than taking still photos. In fact, this image is so good you can print it out on quality archival photo paper – poster size! I saw this first hand when I was at the NAB Show this past April.
In this short video you can see it for yourself too.
(If you can’t view this video on this page, you can watch it here on YouTube.)
While there are still challenges when trying to get footage that works both as motion and as stills, the business of photography and videography is growing closer every day. Wedding videographers especially have been jumping on board, trying to make the most of stills and motion.
The photographer in me worries what this capturing ability will do for still photography but it is something for the professional shooter to be aware of. I can tell you this, the editing process will be a bugger…instead of having hundreds of shots to edit and choose from, you have thousands or hundreds of thousands.
As a photographer myself, I think I compose things differently when I am shooting a single still image than when composing for a video shot. It’s going to be very interesting to watch the development and adoption of 4K and what effect it will have on photography.
What do you think? Please let us know, by leaving a comment below, if you feel that this will be the end of photography as we know it or the beginning of a new chapter. Thanks for weighing in!
Other Recommended Posts
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013