Arri L-Series – The “Gel Killer” Fresnel Light
The Arri L-Series fresnel light was on display at the NAB show and although this light costs more than my budget allows at the moment, watch this short video to see why it caught my eye and why I wanted to show it to you in this very short 1 minute video.
(If you can’t view this video on this page, you can watch it here on YouTube.)
A Fresnel Light (pronounced “fre-nel”) is a focusable spotlight with a fresnel lens on the front of the light. This lens casts a soft, even illumination across the light’s beam. The light is adjusted via a knob on the back of the light from “spot” for a narrowly focused beam, to “flood” for a wider beam. You see these types of lenses used in film, television, and theater lighting, due largely to the ability to focus the beam and the “throw” it affords.
More and more, you’re seeing LED technology that is producing video lights that have more complete control over the color and intensity of light than ever before and this Arri light is a great example of that.
Normally you control the color of lights with gels, which is cumbersome and expensive, and difficult to get an exact color. Watch the video and see why I call this light the “gel killer.”
Do I want one? Yes, I sure do! They aren’t cheap, but are oh, so nice. You can find the one I show you in the video, the Arri L-7T Tungsten LED Fresnel (Stand Mount), at B&H Audio Video.
More Recent Reviews and Posts on Lighting Equipment
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013
- How to Turn Your Website into a Passive Income Stream - September 13, 2013