The Steadicam Merlin 2 – For A Smooth Moving Shot Wherever The Scene Takes You
Would you like to shoot those smooth, fluid moving shots? Unless you have a very steady hand and gait, you may find your shots more jerky than you wish, especially with smaller cameras. In that case, you will want to introduce a stabilizer. While I find my trusty monopod works well for me, I’m also intrigued with a simple steady cam such as the Steadicam Merlin 2 Camera Stabilizing STEADYCAM System by Tiffen.
I stopped by my favorite camera store’s (B&H) booth at the NAB Show a few months ago and got to handle one of these. While there, we shot this very short video with Mark, one of the reps on hand. In this video Mark shares:
What makes this smaller steadycam unique (and much easier to use!);
The size of camera it will hold (you’ll be surprised since the Merlin 2 is so small);
How easy they’ve made it for you (why you can just pull it out of the bag and you’re ready to go).
This lightweight Steadicam Merlin 2 Camera Stabilizing STEADYCAM System truly will let you go where the scene takes you–up or down steps, indoors and out, through crowds–and won’t kill your arm in the process. (If you’ve ever worked with other systems, you’ll know what I mean!) It gives you precise, elegant control for dramatic, professional you-are-there footage.
Other Posts On Stabilizers You Want To Read
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013