Vimeo Tip Jar: Make Money On Your Videos
Do you post your videos on Vimeo? Did you know you can get paid for doing just that?
Vimeo has two different options…you can add a Tip Jar to your video or you can sell your videos on demand. Both come with some restrictions but either may work for you. In this post, we’ll talk about the Tip Jar.
It’s easy to add Tip Jar to your Plus or PRO account.
The first thing you need to do is to have a PayPal account and then connect your Vimeo account to your PayPal account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can easily set one up. There is no cost to you but you will have to have either a valid bank account or credit card. There are some restrictions for non-US citizens so be aware of that. You will need to have your PayPal account verified before you can get paid in PayPal for your tips.
The first step is to activate Tip Jar by connecting your Vimeo account to a PayPal account. Then in your Account Settings, scroll down to the Tip Jar section of the page and check the box next to “Activate Tip Jar.” Then you’ll be requested to connect your account to your PayPal account.
Once you’re connected to PayPal, you can activate Tip Jar on individual videos in their Advanced Video Settings by checking the box next to “Activate Tip Jar” and then clicking “Save Changes.” Once Tip Jar is activated on your video, your viewers will see a “Tip this video” button underneath the video player on Vimeo.com. They click it, give their credit card information and you get a tip!
Tip Jar is meant to express appreciation, and to support the Vimeo video creators you love. If your video is a commercial or political video, you can’t use Tip Jar. You also can’t solicit or accept donations for a political cause or payment for goods or services.
Also be aware that if the videos are embeddable, the Tip Jar will not go with them. Viewers can only leave tips by visiting the video on your video page on Vimeo.com.
In our next post we look into using Vimeo’s video on demand service and if that would be a good option for you.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015