Vimeo on Demand: Make Money Selling Your Videos Through Vimeo
In continuing our short two part series on making money with your videos through Vimeo, today we’re going to look at their Vimeo On Demand which is part of the Creator Services suite of features to help Vimeo creators make more money by making great video.
Vimeo On Demand is an open platform that lets you to sell your work directly to your audience. You have to be a Vimeo PRO member to take advantage of this feature. You keep 90% of revenue after transaction fees, and Vimeo deals with all delivery costs. You can upload your videos into a customizable On Demand page, which you can design to perfectly match your work. You can add trailers, extra features, and a poster if you wish. You can sell films, episodes, and more at the price you want, anywhere you want — including on your own website. The marketing part is still up to you, so you’ll want to engage in as many marketing channels as possible to get viewers to your video.
Below is a short video from Vimeo about this service.
This service was primarily designed to help creators sell films and episodic series – in the hope to getting picked up by larger distribution networks. But unless it’s of an explicit content, Vimeo doesn’t restrict what you can sell on demand. As with Vimeo’s Tip Jar, you get paid via your PayPal account. This is one more option for making money from your video worth checking out!
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: When The Interviewer Is Not On-Camera - May 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Framing Your Shot - May 1, 2015