Vimeo on Demand: Make Money Selling Your Videos Through Vimeo
In continuing our short two part series on making money with your videos through Vimeo, today we’re going to look at their Vimeo On Demand which is part of the Creator Services suite of features to help Vimeo creators make more money by making great video.
Vimeo On Demand is an open platform that lets you to sell your work directly to your audience. You have to be a Vimeo PRO member to take advantage of this feature. You keep 90% of revenue after transaction fees, and Vimeo deals with all delivery costs. You can upload your videos into a customizable On Demand page, which you can design to perfectly match your work. You can add trailers, extra features, and a poster if you wish. You can sell films, episodes, and more at the price you want, anywhere you want — including on your own website. The marketing part is still up to you, so you’ll want to engage in as many marketing channels as possible to get viewers to your video.
Below is a short video from Vimeo about this service.
This service was primarily designed to help creators sell films and episodic series – in the hope to getting picked up by larger distribution networks. But unless it’s of an explicit content, Vimeo doesn’t restrict what you can sell on demand. As with Vimeo’s Tip Jar, you get paid via your PayPal account. This is one more option for making money from your video worth checking out!
- Shooting Video Interviews: Make Sure You Watch For This - February 13, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews – How To Light Your Subject - January 9, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: How To Record Good Audio - November 13, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: Tips For Doing a Side-by-Side Interview - November 3, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: What Should They Wear? - October 27, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: Why You Need To Think About Where To Put Your Interviewee - October 17, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: What Questions Should You Ask? - October 9, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: Get Acquainted With Your Interviewee - October 1, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: How To Make The Interviewee Comfortable - September 26, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: 13 Guidelines To Follow - September 12, 2014