New Mic For DSLR Cameras Makes Getting Great Audio MUCH Easier
Finding a decent mic for DSLR cameras just got easier thanks to Shure.
I should know. I’ve been shooting a docudrama for broadcast on EWTN in November for several months. I’ve put in hundreds of hours shooting on a Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera. The images are fantastic but getting good audio has been a challenge. Digital SLRs (DSLRs) are really designed for shooting still images. We videographers have adopted them for shooting video but the sound capabilities haven’t caught up with the awesome video quality. While we were at the 2013 NAB Show, this system caught my eye.
When I saw Shure previewing these new shotgun microphones mounted on DSLR cameras and camcorders, I had to get the scoop.
Here is a video I shot with Chris Lyons, who explains the key features of these mics for your DSLR. In this short video, he:
- covers 2 new audio solutions – the Shure VP83 LensHopper Shotgun Microphone and the Shure VP83F Condenser Shotgun Mic With Flash Recorder – for DSLR videography and why they differ;
- shows you why these mics are super user-friendly in the field making them ideal for documentary style shooting;
- shares how these mics also work with a wireless system that is perfect for shooting talent and interviews;
- and as a bonus, he shows us a nice step up to getting great audio with your DSLR.
Both the Shure VP83 LensHopper Shotgun Microphone and the Shure VP83F Condenser Shotgun Mic With Flash Recorder microphones will be available this summer but you can get on the list to be notified when they are available at B&H Audio Video.
If you’re shooting video on a DSLR, I’ll bet you’ll be longing for one of these mics!
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013