What Is Trending? Look Here First To See What Videos People Are Buying
What is trending and why does that matter?
Before you start producing your videos, you want to increase the likelihood that you’ll find a market that will buy them. In addition to targeting one of the top selling categories for information products and doing your keyword research, you’ll want to look to other places on the internet where you can find if your topic is actually generating any interest in the active marketplace. Here are a few we recommend:
Do a search for a book or video that fits in a similar niche as yours. Is it in the top seller category? What types of videos are selling well on a similar topic? Are there many reviews for those types of videos or books? If not, it may not be a topic that’s in demand. If yes, you know you’re on to something.
These are also great places in which to do searches. Take note of what the top selling products are within the top best selling 5 categories.
Do a search on Clickbank for top selling downloadable products. Many of these products offer online videos, eBooks and membership sites…just up your alley!
Search on YouTube to see what people are viewing. Look under the Education and HowTo categories to find the most popular channels within your niche.
6) Social Media Sites
When you look for what is trending, you’ll have a much better idea of the interest in your topic and if it’s a viable idea to pursue. While you are at these sites, you’ll also get a lot of valuable information on your potential customers and competitors, which we’ll be talking more about in the next blog post.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015