Want a Best Seller? Pick a Topic in One Of These Categories
There are 5 broad topics that have been proven to be top-sellers in the info-publishing industry. They are:
- Specific solutions in an industry
If your area of expertise or knowledge falls within any of these topics, you are more likely to produce a video that will sell. So take what you know or your passion and interest, and see how it can fit into these top selling topics.
For example, let’s say you were thinking of creating a video on fly fishing. Now that you know the 5 top-selling categories, I also call them super niches, think about how you can integrate them with your original idea of fly fishing. Can you do a video on how fly fishing is good exercise, or how to fly fish on a budget?
Then you will want to niche your topic down further from there. Let’s say that you are a fly fishing expert, and have decided that you like the idea of creating a video about how you don’t have to spend a lot of money on fly fishing equipment. That’s still a pretty broad topic and you’ll have a higher chance for success if you niche it down to a specific topic within that topic. You could produce a video on saving money by learning how to tie your own flies for fishing. Or, create something that helps older people improve their balance and health through fly fishing. Both of these sound promising, but how do you know for sure which topic will work?
Here is where your going to do research to discover if people are really interested in this specific niche topic. But how will you begin that research? That’s where are next post will take you…
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015