Use This In Your Research And Find Your Next Best Seller
As I’ve shared before, the Internet is invaluable when it comes to finding good topics for your next video project. But how do you harness this vast network of information? That’s where keyword research comes into play. The good news is there are many free online tools available that can help you do this and give you a real-time glimpse into what people are searching for online. You want to know what they are searching for so that you can start out on the right foot producing a product that there is an interest in viewing.
I’ve used Google Adwords Keyword Tools for years. If you’re new to using this tool, you’ll want to watch my short tutorial to see how to do it for finding topics. Recently I’ve started to use another one that’s powerful yet simple – KeywordSpy.com.
When you go into this keyword search tool, enter the topic of your potential video. KeywordSpy.com will generate a list of live data based on your keywords. You want to look for words or phrases (between 10 and 50) that have a decent amount of advertisers (PPC advertisers). Less than 10 PPC advertisers for that keyword means that many advertisers don’t feel it’s worth spending money on that keyword.
I also like that it gives you related keywords that are currently generating healthy search volumes.
For example, I did a keyword spy search for “magic tricks”, and I saw that “magic supplies”, “magic props”, and “dollar magic tricks” are a few popular related keywords. From this information, you get good ideas to niche your video topic even further by producing a video on “101 Cool Dollar Magic Tricks” or one on “25 DIY Magic Props You Can Make At Home.” Note that there is good search volume on the words “magic trick videos.” Keep that in mind when you move into your marketing phase.
While these tools are indispensable in your internet research, there are other places on the internet that will help you in your search for a profitable topic. We’ll be sharing that in our next post.
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: When The Interviewer Is Not On-Camera - May 15, 2015