Use This In Your Research And Find Your Next Best Seller
As I’ve shared before, the Internet is invaluable when it comes to finding good topics for your next video project. But how do you harness this vast network of information? That’s where keyword research comes into play. The good news is there are many free online tools available that can help you do this and give you a real-time glimpse into what people are searching for online. You want to know what they are searching for so that you can start out on the right foot producing a product that there is an interest in viewing.
I’ve used Google Adwords Keyword Tools for years. If you’re new to using this tool, you’ll want to watch my short tutorial to see how to do it for finding topics. Recently I’ve started to use another one that’s powerful yet simple – KeywordSpy.com.
When you go into this keyword search tool, enter the topic of your potential video. KeywordSpy.com will generate a list of live data based on your keywords. You want to look for words or phrases (between 10 and 50) that have a decent amount of advertisers (PPC advertisers). Less than 10 PPC advertisers for that keyword means that many advertisers don’t feel it’s worth spending money on that keyword.
I also like that it gives you related keywords that are currently generating healthy search volumes.
For example, I did a keyword spy search for “magic tricks”, and I saw that “magic supplies”, “magic props”, and “dollar magic tricks” are a few popular related keywords. From this information, you get good ideas to niche your video topic even further by producing a video on “101 Cool Dollar Magic Tricks” or one on “25 DIY Magic Props You Can Make At Home.” Note that there is good search volume on the words “magic trick videos.” Keep that in mind when you move into your marketing phase.
While these tools are indispensable in your internet research, there are other places on the internet that will help you in your search for a profitable topic. We’ll be sharing that in our next post.
- Shooting Video Interviews: Make Sure You Watch For This - February 13, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews – How To Light Your Subject - January 9, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: How To Record Good Audio - November 13, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: Tips For Doing a Side-by-Side Interview - November 3, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: What Should They Wear? - October 27, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: Why You Need To Think About Where To Put Your Interviewee - October 17, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: What Questions Should You Ask? - October 9, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: Get Acquainted With Your Interviewee - October 1, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: How To Make The Interviewee Comfortable - September 26, 2014
- Shooting Video Interviews: 13 Guidelines To Follow - September 12, 2014