DIY Video Lighting: How To Get A Soft Box Effect
A soft box is a type of lighting device, usually an enclosure around a bulb comprised of reflective side and back walls and a diffusing material at the front of the light, that creates an even and diffused light on your subject. While we were at NAB, I shot this really short video from the Dedolight booth on the exhibit floor showing how this works in action.
Soft boxes are perfect for lighting interviews. You can pick up soft box lighting kits at very reasonable prices but you also can do this without that investment and I tell you how in the video.
(If for some reason you aren’t able to view the video here, you can watch it on YouTube.)
If you’re in the market for a light with a soft box, consider the Dedolight Basic Junior Soft Kit. Dedolight is one of the most respected brands in the film industry.
Shooting an interview and video lighting are two of the topics we go into greater detail in our Special Interest Video Academy. We take you into our studio, show you how we set up our lights and you can get started setting up a home video studio on a budget.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015