Google Keyword Suggestion Tool: Why and How To Use This Free Search Tool
When doing research to determine what your video or information product should be, searching on keywords should be a part of your research mix. But why?
You are spending all of this time and possibly a nice chunk of change to produce a video for a reason, right? You want to sell it! In order to do that, you want to make sure BEFORE you start that people are actually searching for a video on the topic you are planning on making.
One of the best ways to do that is at your fingertips…search engines! You can go to your favorite search engine and look at the results. But those results don’t tell you the entire story – like it’s value and competition. There are also some keyword search tools that will help you like the free Google keyword suggestion tool.
What is a keyword?
Before we go further, you need to understand that a keyword is essentially any word or phrase people use when searching with a search engine. The search engine does its best to match your words with the words on websites.
What does this mean for your video?
In order for you to be deemed the best match for you customers’ keywords your video title and eventually the website where you’re selling your video, most likely your own, must use the same words they do. Optimizing for these matches is called search engine optimization – SEO for short.
You can discover which words and phrases you should be optimizing for by conducting keyword research using a tool such as the Google keyword suggestion tool available under Google AdWords. We drill deeper into SEO in our book Shoot To Sell: Make Money Producing Special Interest Videos and offer an introductory 16 minute video on how to use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool. Both the tool and the video are free. (Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page for the video.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015