Aerial Video Within Your Budget
Aerial video is no longer restricted to larger studios that can afford to rent a helicopter or airplane; videographers working with smaller budgets can now use an array of radio controlled helicopters to get stunning aerial video and birds eye shots.
When we were at NAB, there were many booths such as Photo Higher, Droidworx and Quadrocopter showcasing their remote controlled helicopters. Beyond the fun of working a remote controlled flying contraption, I saw the potential in using these with a camera like the GoPro Hero2 in your video business.
See why I got all excited and some of the ideas I came up with for you in this short 3-1/2 minute video. You’ll also get to check out what a few of them look like and see why It looked a bit like a Transformer or robot convention!
(If you’re unable to watch the video on this page, go to YouTube to view it.)
If you have shot video using a remote controlled helicopter or other gizmo, we love to have you share that with us. Let us know below and give a link to your clip.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015