3 Steps To Making Your Green Screen Video Using A White Background
Green screen videos don’t have to be shot on a green screen as I shared a few weeks ago. In that post, I talked about how I used a white background instead. I wanted to show you the end result of using that background so I put together this short sample from our Special Interest Video Academy videos we’ve been shooting.
This is just a sample to show you what this looks like. (If you’re unable to watch the video on this page, go to YouTube to view it.)
Here are the steps to take to get this effect:
Step 1) To start, you need to light the background as I cover in my post on lighting a white background to get that “heavenly” effect.
Step 2) Then with your editing software, select and key out the white. Your editing software should have an function for color keying. I use Adobe Premiere Pro (Adobe’s Premiere Elements 11 is a less expensive and complicated option). One important thing about using a white background….you have to be careful when keying out the white that you don’t key out whites of eyes and teeth…one reason why a bright green works better since it’s a less common color. You will probably need to adjust the amount of keyed out color tolerance and the edges to get a good selection.
Step 3) The last step is to drop the clip with the background underneath your keyed out clip up in the timeline. Here’s what that looks like.
We will be offering a tutorial on green screen in the Special Interest Video Academy in the coming months so stay tuned. In that course, we’ll show you how to light for a green screen and how to get a good keyed out background.
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013