How To Use Social Media: 5 Tips To Optimize Your Time On LinkedIn
LinkedIn isn’t just the social media site to go to if you’re looking for a job or an employee, many companies successfully use this site to connect with their prospects, clients and customers through company pages, groups and advertising.
Here are 5 tips to optimize your time on LinkedIn and increase your exposure to your market:
Complete your profile
This is your introduction to your clients and customers. Make sure you complete it fully and that it is a great description of you and your company. One mistake I see a lot on people’s profiles is that they don’t put the name of their website next to the link. If you don’t, the default will say “Company Website,” causing you to miss out on a great branding opportunity. Make sure you go in there and change that default name to your site.
Set up and optimize your company page
As in Facebook, you can also set up a company page in LinkedIn. When you do so, you’ll want your company page found so you need to add keywords to make sure your page will appear in search listings. Include links to your website and other social media site pages – like your Facebook business page – as well.
Join relevant professional groups, seeking out the ones where your clients and customers are.
Get active in the discussions by liking and commenting. Use these groups to connect with your prospects and follow the most influential people in your groups by checking the Top Influencers board or clicking their profile image to see all their group activity. Also you’ll find interesting discussions that will give you great ideas for contents for groups you create.
Create a group
You should also create a group once you have a large number of connections. Before you do create a group, sit down and make a plan for how you’ll communicate and interact and what content you want to post. These groups can get very busy and bring you a lot of exposure but only if you as host, are active in the community. You also have to make sure group members aren’t advertising inappropriately. When you find the content you provided started a conversation thread, do more of the same.
Ask and answer questions
One of the best features of Linkedin is the ability to query the users and get high caliber responses and resources. Also answering questions related to your area of expertise gets you powerful exposure and the chance to be seen as a trusted authority and go-to person in your industry.
How to use social media sites like LinkedIn successfully takes a coordinated approach and strategy throughout all of your social media properties. Next week, we’ll look at Google+.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015