NAB Show 2012: My Bags Are Packed – I’m Ready For The Show
Kim and I are enjoying a few free days since shipping off the manuscript for our book, Shoot To Sell: Make Money Producing Special Interest Videos. Now I have to turn my attention to the companion website. This has turned into quite a big project and we are looking forward to being able to share it with you.
In the meantime we’re getting ready for our trip to Las Vegas next week for NAB, the National Association of Broadcasters conference and expo. We’re going to learn about and report on new equipment, software and developments that will be of interest to you. I have a strong sense that this is going to be an exceptional year for new product announcements. Our peer reviewer for our book was Larry Jordan of LarryJordan.biz and he is definitely on the inside track regarding new products. He says there are going to be a lot of important announcements, so as Paul Harvey always said, “Stand by for NEWS!” He’ll be reporting live throughout the show with Digital Production Buzz. We’ll get a few reports off to you during the week, too.
I’m planning to travel light. We’re flying on Allegiant Airlines and they have tiny little overhead bins that are next to useless. I’ve already checked one bag so I’m going to make all my video gear fit into my KATA DR 467 backpack, with room to spare. I’m taking my lightweight but fantastic Canon HF M41 camcorder, Sennheiser EW100 g2 wireless set, a handheld mic, lavalier mic, very lightweight monopod and an XLR audio cable. You can see my review of that bag here. It’s a great camera backpack. Oh, and I’ll also take my Canon EOS 550D. I hope I come back with more gear than I go out with; that’s always a temptation at NAB.
If you have never been to NAB and you have a chance to go, take it! It is the Super Bowl of video. Hands down, the World Cup of video production. I’m really looking forward to it. Besides, Las Vegas at this time of year is just right; not to hot yet, a little cool at night, just right.
If you’re going to be there give us a shout – we’d like to meet you in person.
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013