Web Video: Improve Your Conversion Rates With Video
Conversion rates improve dramatically when you use web video in your marketing strategy.
Statistics increasingly show that video and a more personable appearance on your website can dramatically increase conversion rates, i.e., the percentage of visitors who make a purchase, fill out a form, or make a donation.
Showing videos on your website keeps your visitors on there longer which helps your SEO. An added bonus of having your website visitors stay on your site longer is that they will have more exposure to you and your message. And the longer they stay increases the potential they are going to make a purchase.
Internet Retailer states, “… visitors who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy than visitors who do not.” Placing a video on your website is like having a sales staff working for you 24/7. Except they have the ability to handle an unlimited amount of customers all at once!
Also online videos increase sales by alleviating doubts in your prospects.
For example, we review and recommend cameras and equipment on this site and include our affiliate links to those products. For a physical product such as a camera, a video demonstrating it can show things to our visitors that simply cannot be conveyed effectively through text. We’ve seen that when we produce and post a demo video, they dramatically increase not only our views, but our traffic and conversions to our opt-ins and click throughs and purchases on our links.
Furthermore, video is now so easy to produce and so quick to install on a website. It is no longer the complicated process it once was just a few short years ago. And as I’ve explained in previous posts, it has shown to be a very, very effective marketing strategy!
With today’s technology, video creation is now within every marketers reach. You are likely carrying around a video camera with the capability of uploading to YouTube with you within your cell phone at this moment! If you haven’t jumped onto the video bandwagon already, you need to put creating video content that is engaging, instructive, unique, and entertaining, high on your list of marketing to-dos.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015