Matrox MXO2 Mini: Will This Encoder Come To My Rescue?
The Matrox MXO2 Mini, hardware encoder to the rescue?
If you’ve been following me for the last few months, you know that we’re working on a huge video project with Fitness Guru Dave Sheahan and his home workout system videos. The program consists of actually 44 videos, most of them almost one hour long.
I am loving working with high definition images, however there is a downside with this type of media… the files are gigantic! I bought a new computer with a16 GB of RAM and a 12 Terrabyte hard drive to tackle this monumental project. It uses the latest Thunderbolt technology and has easily kept up with me, streaming 3 tracks of HD footage without a hiccup.
Now we are close to the time to encode about 44 hours of finished videos to put up on the web and also for DVDs. I calculated that it would take hundreds of hours to do that!
So I went to DV Expo last week with the intention of finding an answer to this dilemma.
I think I may have found some relief in the Matrox MAX technology that implements faster than realtime H.264 encoding .
Check out the video to find out why I’m so excited about it.
Have you found a technology or hardware or software that encodes to MPG2 (DVD) and H.264.MP4 (web delivery)? Please add it to the comment section below. I would appreciate knowing what is out there and our readers would too!
- Keynote for Mac: Here is Why it’s the ONLY Presentation Software Worth Using - August 22, 2014
- Best Images For Your Website – Max Rylski’s Marketing Graphics Toolkit Review - June 12, 2014
- Make More Money With Your Videos By Adding Other People’s Products - November 21, 2013
- Want to Make More Money? Expand Your Existing Product Line - November 12, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #2 - November 5, 2013
- How Much Can You Make Selling Your Own Video Titles? Scenario #1 - October 29, 2013
- Make Money With Videos: More Benefits To Selling Special Interest Videos - October 22, 2013
- Make More Money: The Shoot it Once, Sell it for Years Method - October 15, 2013
- Why Should You Consider Selling Your Own Videos? Is There Really a Market For These? - October 7, 2013
- Types of Microphones: What Video Microphone Should You Get First? - September 18, 2013