How To Speak On Camera – Why You Don’t Have To Get It Right The First Time
Knowing how to speak on camera and getting it right isn’t just for professional actors. Do you really think they always nail it on their first try?
You can speak on camera too! And you should.
When you’re shooting your web videos, practice will help you become more confident on camera.
Practicing does more than give your confidence a boost though. In this video, I talk about another way practice makes your videos better.
Since I’ve been on camera more frequently this year, I’ve gotten far more positive comments than negative. It tickles me when someone I know says, “you sound and look so professional.”
There’s a reason I look like more professional. While stepping out of my comfort zone to speak on camera and then spending time practicing has definitely helped, there’s another reason I look and sound more experienced. In this video I tell you what I do and why you don’t have to worry about getting it right your first time out.
Last week, I encouraged YOU to get out of your comfort zone and shoot a video starring YOU! Did you do it? If so, make sure you share your link to your video below.
If not, what is stopping you? We’d like to help you get started.
Having a teleprompter has been a great help to us – and our clients – in delivering our lines more professionally. If you think one can help you, here are a few recommendations:
An article on the ProPrompter for the iPhone
See Eye 2 Eye Teleprompter for your web cam
Telmax OS-15 from ZaPrompt.com (this is what we use in our business)
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015