A Video Testimonial: Why Is It Important?
Testimonials should always be added to your marketing mix. If you can get them on video, that is even better. Video touches people auditorally, visually and emotionally and is one of the types of marketing videos you should always add to your website and social media strategy.
Relationship building is essential to a sound foundation for a successful marketing plan. To build relationships you need to establish both credibility and expertise. Getting testimonials from loyal customers are critical to turning prospects into future customers.
When it comes down to it, the success of the business depends heavily on word of mouth. Having a testimonial on your website is essentially doing this for your visitors.
Important components to a strong, persuasive testimonial
- They need to be sincere and from the actual customer.
I know you’ve seen those commercials that seem as though they are customer testimonials only to see the fine print that they are actors. If you have a good product or service, you don’t need paid actors to sell your business, just willing customers.
- Whenever possible, get a video testimonial.
This is one marketing video you should always try to get. Getting them does depend on how busy your customers or business associates are and how convenient it is for them. With the popularity of smartphones, it shouldn’t be that difficult for a happy customer to shoot you a quick testimonial – all you may need to do is ask them.
If a customer is willing to give you an on camera testimonial but he or she doesn’t have a video camera, here’s one idea I’ve heard of to get it from the person. Send them a camera with a postage paid return envelope back to you. This is a bit of a monetary risk and probably only should be done for those you trust will return the camera to you but think about the return on investment if that testimonial converts to thousands of dollars in business.
- A testimonial doesn’t always need to come from a customer of yours.
They can also come from people who work with you and doesn’t necessarily have to be connected to just selling your product or service. Showing your business connections and your positive interactions with them is helpful in relationship building as well. Anything you can show to people that you’re company is a great one to work with will help your branding and your bottom line.
Credibility is crucial to business success. The strategic and intelligent use of testimonials, specifically a video testimonial, will go a long way in promoting your business. The more online visibility and positive reputation you have and maintain, the stronger your business will become.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015