Marketing Videos – What Style Is Best?
Your marketing videos are very important in your overall marketing campaign. But what style should you produce?
The best answer for this is “it depends.”
Marketing video can be done in a variety of styles but keep in mind that some styles work better than others. You should take your time and consider what you want to achieve with your marketing campaign to decide what style will work best for your purposes. Do you want to increase brand awareness? Increase traffic to your site or landing page? Become a YouTube partner?
What are you promoting or selling? Products? Services? All of these need to be considered before you turn on the camera.
Here are some of the most common styles:
Satisfied customers will be your best sales force. These are very powerful.
Who hasn’t shared a humorous video? These are some of the most viral videos out there. Humor is memorable.
This is a really good way to get prospects to be familiar with your products or services. “Show them, don’t tell them” is smart advice.
Here’s a great video campaign that uses both demonstration and humor that’s been very effective for the company.
• Feature short Films
Short film videos are a great way to grab viewers attention. Everyone loves a good story. Let your inner movie producer have fun.
This touches on one of the two main reasons people watch film, to be delivered TO something. In this case, it’s more likely than not, delivered to a call to action.
Online marketers have shown how successful this type of video can be for their bottom line. The higher the profile of your interviewee, the better.
• Shock Videos
Created only to shock people, these have a tendency to go viral very fast, but be careful to not offend people.
This is the first thing you probably think of when you hear the words “marketing video.” Since commercials have been in our lives through the advent of television, it’s proof that they are still incredibly effective. Put some effort into it to rise above the “local commercial” level.
• Informative or Instructional Videos
Videos aimed to educate your viewer about your area of expertise sets you up as an authority or your company as the place that has all the answers. These are great videos for posting on the free video sharing sites. Be sure to provide links back to your main website.
No one style for your marketing videos is best for all situations or all objectives. In the coming weeks, I’ll delve into a few of these in more depth and cover why and when they may be the type you’d want to include in your marketing video and marketing campaign.
What style have you found works best for your product or service? I’d love to hear from you so please comment below. Thanks!
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015