Lavalier Microphone System: Going Wireless
A lavalier microphone system can be wired or wireless. Wired microphones are wonderful for many situations where freedom of movement is desired, yet they are pricey. Good quality wired mics can be found at reasonable prices. If you’re considering another on-camera microphone option besides a stereo or shotgun system, I definitely recommend adding a wireless lavalier system to your video equipment arsenal.
In this video, I cover wireless mics and why and when you’d want to use it as opposed to a wired microphone.
I’m wearing a Sennheiser EW100ENG which is an older model. We’ve had it for over 5 years.
If you’re looking to invest in a wireless, avoid the cheaper units. They are more likely to experience radio interference and will almost always disappoint you. Plan on spending $500 or more for a really good one.
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015