Video Gear: One Cool Little Tripod You Gotta Get
What video gear do you like to take with you on vacation? In my short video, I show you the cool little tripod that we always toss in our travel bags – and how to use it.
We got our GorillaPods a few years ago before they came out with a ball head style with a built-in level. For only a few dollars more, I highly recommend those because due to the articulated legs on the GorillaPod, it’s difficult to get the camera angle level with the surface. Sometimes it’s fun to take videos with unique angles but you don’t want to do that all the time. With a ball head, you can be more flexible in your shooting.
Also if you want to pan with your camera, they offer a fluid head GorillaPod as well. They are available for cameras that weigh 11 ounces or less so would work really well with cameras such as the Flip or Kodak Zi8.
GorillaPods are now available for the iPhone.
GorillaPod – Standard
Joby Gorillapod GP2 SLR – Flexible Mini-Tripod with Bubble Level
- How To Fix Vertical Video Footage - May 21, 2016
- Where Can You Find Free Photographs You Can Use In Your Videos? - March 4, 2016
- 9 Tips for Shooting Instructional Videos That People WANT to Watch - January 29, 2016
- Documentary Video Interview: How to Respond to the Answers - December 11, 2015
- Documentary Video Interview: Are You Asking The RIGHT Questions? - October 27, 2015
- How To Direct a Great Documentary Video Interview - September 25, 2015
- 21 of Our Best Email Subject Lines and Why They Worked So Well - August 11, 2015
- 3 Types of Headline Formulas That SELL - July 15, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: What to do When Things Go Wrong - June 26, 2015
- Shooting Video Interviews: Here Is Why You Want To Get A Release - June 3, 2015